Clubs & Societies Directory
Cambridge University Legal Tech Society is a society about Legal Tech, i.e. the use of technology and software to provide legal services. It is founded by two LLM students: Diana Kostina and Mairead Dinneen.
The society intends to organise events helpful to the law, economics, computer science students students focusing on the following topics:
1) What is the blockchain technology? How is it going to change the legal profession and capital markets?
2) How cryptocurrencies are regulated within the UK and in other countries? What are ICOs?
3) How the law meets the new challenges data protection and cybersecurity?
4) How big data and the AI systems are changing the legal profession?
5) The regulation of emerging tech industries: telemedicine, online banking etc. The initial aim of the society is to organise a series of events (primarily, talks) in the Lent semester.
The society's initial plans include outreach to the legal professionals in the law firms and academics. For instance, we have the London office of Deloitte LLP has demonstrated its interest in participating.
technology and innovation