Clubs & Societies Directory
Failed Novelists of Cambridge [FNovSCam]
We are a support group for failing writers of all kinds.
You are a failed novelist if:
- You wrote an embarrassingly bad novel when you were 12.
- You have started a novel but are struggling to finish it.
- You have failed to even start a novel but harbour ambitions to do so.
- You have finished a novel, had it published, and still think it's rubbish, because the novel you've actually written can never be as good as the novel you were trying to write.
- Any of the above replacing 'novel' with 'short story', 'poem', 'play', 'script', 'creative non-fiction,' or any other format in any genre.
Failed Novelists of Cambridge was founded in the 2018-9 academic year by former members of the original 'Failed Novelists Society' in Oxford.
We meet every Sunday at 2pm to read and discuss our writing. Please bring multiple copies!
New members are always welcome. To get in touch, message us, email us at email@example.com, or just turn up. The Failed President is Stephanie Forrest.