Council is made up of elected representatives from across the Collegiate University. This page lists the current votes available to individuals on CUSU Council. The votes listed here are subject to provisions in the Union's Standing Orders.
Council 'Voting Membership':
- The Common/Combination Rooms of Affiliated Cambridge Colleges shall each have three voting representatives.
- Votes should normally be allocated to the President and/or External Officer.
- Where there is both a JCR and MCR, the JCR shall hold two votes, and the MCR shall hold one vote.
- Affiliated Common Rooms and the number of votes each has are listed below.
- Sabbatical Officers (of which there are six: President, Education, Access & Funding, Welfare & Rights, Women's and Disabled Students')
- Campaigns Officers of the Part-Time Executive, inclusive of Portfolio Campaigns Officer/s and the Head of Ethical Affairs.
- The Liberation Campaigns shall each have two votes.
- BME, iCUSU and LGBT+ shall have two votes.
- DSC and WomCam shall each have one vote (they have two votes as other Liberation Campaigns, however their 'second' vote is held by the Disabled Students' Officer and Women's Officer as Sabbatical Officers).
- The Graduate Union President.
- Twelve School-level Student Academic Representatives.
No individual can exercise more than one vote at CUSU Council.
The affiliated Colleges and their number of votes are:
|JCR||Christ's College x 2||MCR||Christ's College x 1|
|JCR||Churchill College x 2||MCR||Churchill College x 1|
|JCR||Clare College x 2||MCR||Clare College x 1|
|JCR||Downing College x 2||GSB||Clare Hall College x 3|
|ECSU||Emmanuel College x 2||MCR||Downing College x1|
|JCR||Fitzwilliam College x 2||MCR||Emmanuel College x 1|
|JCR||Girton College x 2||MCR||Fitzwilliam College x 1|
|HUSJCR||Homerton College x 2||MCR||Girton College x 1|
|JCSU||Jesus College x 3||MCR||Homerton College x 1|
|KCSU||King's College x 2||MCR||Hughes Hall College x 3|
|LCSU||Lucy Cavendish College x 3||MCR||King's College x 1|
|JCR||Magdalene College x 3||MCR||Murray Edwards College x 1|
|JCR||Murray Edwards College x 2||MCR||Newnham College x 1|
|JCR||Newnham College x 2||Graduate Parlour||Pembroke College x 1|
|Junior Parlour||Pembroke College x 2||MCR||Queens' College x 1|
|JCR||Peterhouse College x 3||MCR||Robinson College x 1|
|JCR||Queens' College x 2||MCR||St Catharine's College x 1|
|RCSA||Robinson College x 2||Combination Room||St Edmund's College x 3|
|JCR||St Catharine's College x 2||Samuel Butler Room||St John's College x 1|
|SJCJCR||St John's College x 2||MCR||Selwyn College x 1|
|JCR||Selwyn College x 2||MCR||Sidney Sussex College x 1|
|SSCSU||Sidney Sussex College x 2||BA Soc||Trinity College x 1|
|TCSU||Trinity College x 2||MCR||Trinity Hall College x 1|
|JCR||Trinity Hall College x 2||WCSA||Wolfson College x 3|
|DCSA||Darwin College x 3|
CUSU Campaigns and PTE and their allocated votes are as follows:
|Campaign||Current role-holder/s||Number of votes held by position|
|BME Campaign||Rianna Davis & Daniella Adeluwoye||2|
|Class Act||Laura Lewis||2|
|Disabled Students' Campaign||Jess O'Brien & Cecily Bateman||2|
|Ethical Affairs Campaign||Alice Gilderale & Jake Simms||2|
|International Students' Campaign (iCUSU)||Julia Yan & Nicole Zhou||2|
|LGBT+ Campaign||Liam Plimmer & April Jakso||2|
|Womens' Campaign||Kate Litman||2|
|Access and Funding Campaign Officer||Georgina Gledhill||1|
|Access and Funding Campaign Officer||Rachel Johnston||1|
|Education Campaign Officer||Ben Margolis||1|
|Education Campaign Officer||Rory Kent||1|
|Welfare and Rights Campaign Officer||Aleph Ross||1|
|Welfare and Rights Campaign Officer||Tyra Amofah-Akardom||1|
|Mature Students' Rep||vacant||1|
|Part-time Students' Rep||Kerensa Gaunt & Anna Ward||1|
|Students Parents' Rep||vacant||1|
Guidance on voting by proxy from the Standing Orders (provision D.7(iii)):
- All Council members should either attend Council in person or send a substitute (proxy) by providing written notification to the Chair. Notification must reach the Chair before the start of the meeting.
- The substitute must be a CUSU Member.
- Council members should inform their constituents of any instance of proxy voting on their behalf.
- The proxy votes of affiloiated Common Rooms must be students from their constituent College.
- Sabbatical Officers, members of the Part-Time Executive and NUS Delegates are prohibited from sending a proxy in their place for their particular vote, save for the Heads of Liberation Campaigns (see next point).
- Proxy votes of the Heads of Liberation Campaigns must be members of the respective Liberation Campaign Executive.
- Proxy votes of Student Academic Representatives must belong to the School constituency and represent Ordinary Members at the respective level of study (i.e. undergraduate or postgraduate).