CUSU Bulletin: Week 6, Lent 2014-2015
Sent at: 8:07 pm, 22nd February 2015.
Your voice, your students' union
Register to vote in local and national elections this year: http://gov.uk/register-to-vote
CUSU Elections are just round the corner, which means it is your last chance to nominate yourself for one of our full-time or voluntary positions. All nomination forms must be handed in by 12 NOON, Monday 23rd at the CUSU Offices on the New Museums Site.
All of these roles offer amazing opportunities to make meaningful change in the University, improve student experience and even influence higher education policy at a national level.
If you would be interested in working as a full-time, paid CUSU rep over the next year, you could run for one of our Sabbatical positions which you can either start at the end of your degree, or take a year out of your studies to complete. Available roles are:
- President - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/cusu-president
- Coordinator - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/coordinator
- Education Officer - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/education-officer
- Access and Funding Officer -http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/access-officer
- Welfare and Rights Officer - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/welfare-officer
- Women's Officer - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/womens-officer
If a year full-time sounds like too much of a commitment, you could also run for one of the voluntary positions available. These can be taken on while you study and, in the case of NUS Delegate, can even be completed before the end of the year so final-year students can still take part! The voluntary roles are:
- Ethical Affairs Officer(s) (jointly held by 2 students) - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/ethical-affairs-officer
- NUS Delegate - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/nus-delegate
- University Councillor (not a CUSU role) - http://www.cusu.co.uk/get-involved/cusu-elections-2015/university-councillor
Even if you aren't running, you can be part of the process by attending hustings, talking to candidates and, most importantly, voting for the people you want to have representing you. Expect to be hearing more from CUSU and candidates over the next week and a half and be sure to check out https://www.facebook.com/events/1572097619674385/ for details about elections information and events.
All the best,