Welcome to the 'Welfare' section on the CUSU website!
This section contains the following:
- Mental health support options
- See for a reminder of the college support available to you, as well as information about listening lines, local and university services, and where to find out more information.
- Sexual Health
- See for information on sex, contraception, sexually transmitted infections, and potential pregnancies
- Support Services
- See for a list of all the support services available, including sexual health services and support for harassment
- Supporting Your Friends
- A guide on how to support friends, while looking after yourself at the same time. Covers active listening, boundaries and support services among other things.
- Welfare Bulletin
- Keep up-to-date with welfare events, interesting articles and policy progress!
- Welfare Campaigns
- See for the Welfare Grid
- For a summary of what the Welfare and Rights Officer 2016-17 worked on, see here
Other useful links
- See for the Disabled Students' Officer's Guide to Intermission
- Mental Health Awareness Week 2017
- See for blog posts on matters relating to mental health in a Cambridge context: the effects of discrimination, supporting your friends, mental health as a disability, the important of self-care, men and mental health, and accessing support services. Written by the Welfare and Rights Officer and Disabled Students' Officer
See the Students' Unions Advice Service website, University's Cambridge Students website, and your College's JCR/MCR website for more welfare-related resources, advice and information.
Feel free to email the CUSU Welfare and Rights Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any further queries!