The Ethical Affairs campaign at CUSU aims to increase the awareness of social and environmental issues around campus and help student campaigns.
We also represent students on certain University bodies, such as the University Sustainability Strategy Council.
The Team is responsible for:
- Campaigning for a reduction of environmental impact by students, the Union, and the wider University
- Promoting the socially responsible use of students' financial resources, whether directly through students' purchasing power, or indirectly through the procurement and investment activities of the Union, the University and the Colleges
- Campaigning for the University and Colleges to pay the Living Wage for all staff
- Supporting the civic and democratic engagement of the student body through voter registration and awareness efforts in the run up to local and national elections
- Developing and promote volunteering and charitable activities for students in the local community
- Supporting the work of the Green and Ethical Officers of the affiliated Common Room