Given the current situation regarding COVID-19, CUSU is taking every precaution possible to ensure that we are following guidance, while ensuring that all students are receiving the support they need. The following changes are in effect immediately to the running of CUSU:
- The SU Building (17 Mill Lane) is now closed until further notice. SU rooms, including the lounge will not be available for booking.
- The SU shop is now closed, this extends to the Print Shop including our thesis binding service. If you have a thesis due for collection from J.S. Wilson & Son Bookbinders you will need to collect this from them. For future binding and printing needs, they will be remaining open. Just email your thesis and they can print it off and bind it for you.*
- All CUSU & GU staff will now be working from home.
- The Students’ Unions’ Advice Service will be conducting appointments with students by telephone, Skype or Zoom. Drop-ins will be conducted by phone on Tuesdays and Thursday from 12pm-2pm - to access these, please ring 01223 746 999.
- With the Students' Union building now closed, collection and forwarding of any TOTUM cards recently ordered will not be possible. A digital version of the card is accessible in the TOTUM app (see 'wallet' tab within app) for the purpose of redeeming offers.
- Students who have rented a gown from the Graduate Union will be able to opt to return their gown by post in due course. As the Students' Union building is now closed (even for post deliveries), please hold onto the gown until you receive an email detailing how to return it. Please note that students will have until 31st December 2020 to return their gown; there will be no late fees and we do not encourage students to venture out to post offices. Alternatively, students may choose to keep their rental gown and forfeit their deposit. All questions relating to gown hire should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please check the J.S. Wilson & Son Bookbinders website for the most up to date opening times.
If you are looking for support during this time, please do take some time to a look at the CUSU dedicated webpage on our website: www.cusu.co.uk/coronavirus