Hey everyone! We’re Alice and Jake. We’re both second-year HSPS students and your new Ethical Affairs Officers. We’ve been working hard over the summer and are delighted to announce our plans for this coming term. We are here to support students involved in campaigns and those looking to start ones for themselves. We are also supporting college political action meetings across 18 colleges to discuss issues students care about and how we can organise to create effective change. We also attended the University Environmental Sustainability Strategy meeting on Tuesday where we are determined to hold the University to account over its sustainability policies.
Primarily we will be focusing our efforts on our three target campaigns, which we are delighted to support. They are the Living Wage Campaign, the Divestment Campaign, and the Period Poverty Campaign. Have a look below for more information!
There are some really exciting ways to get involved in these campaigns.
- Zero Carbon are holding a fresher’s social, tomorrow, 5th Oct, 5pm in the King’s Bar.
- First Living Wage Campaign Meeting: Saturday, 6th Oct, 12pm in the Sidney Sussex bar.
- Zero Carbon’s first campaign meeting: Saturday, 6th Oct, 4pm in the Sidney Sussex Bar.
- Environmenstruation Workshop: 16th October, 5.30pm in Robinson College.
- College political action meetings (open to all): 8th-16th October, find them on our Facebook page.
It was really lovely to meet so many of you at CUSU’s Fresher’s Fair this week. It’s really inspiring to see so many people wanting to get involved with this important work.
This is going to be such an exciting year for campaigning in Cambridge and we need the help of as many people as possible. Together we will build the mass movements we need to create real change and win!
Like us on facebook to follow our progress. We’re more than happy to answer any questions and provide support for anyone who would like to get involved – don’t hesitate to get in touch.