The Education team is led by the CUSU Education Officer. The 2016/17 President is Roberta Huldisch.
The UD Team ensures the Union's long-term development and oversees democratic processes, constitutional structures, engagement with members and affiliated common rooms, and external affiliations.
How can you be a part of the team?
There are x2 Campaigns Officer positions up for election in the Education team. Click here to see the manifesto's from last year.
What is the Education Team responsible for?
The Team is responsible for:
- Collectively responsible for CUSU actions pertaining to: University, Faculty and Collegiate instruction; the granting of degrees; the provision of academic and educational services; the standing of students within academic institutions and national Higher Education Policy.
- The Education Team shall have a standing mandate to:
a. Investigate academic practices in the colleges, faculties, and departments of the University and identify issues of student concern.
b. Research and brief students on developments in Higher Education policy.
c. Provide support, training and resources for student representative in the Faculties, Schools and Colleges of the University to campaign on educational matters
The Head of the Education Team is the CUSU Education Officer (Roberta Huldisch). As a part of this role, she:
- Shall organise campaigns on issues for which the Education Team has a standing mandate or for which there is active CUSU Policy
- Shall support the representative work of Faculty representatives, School representatives and affiliated Common Rooms by offering support and guidance in the planning of campaigns and projects relating to education
- Shall maintain networks to support collaboration between academic representatives including, but not limited to, the Faculty Forum
Click here to open the nomination form in a new window.
Create your own user feedback survey