Welcome to the 'Welfare' section on the CUSU website!
This section contains the following:
- Mental health support options
- See for a reminder of the college support available to you, as well as information about listening lines, local and university services, and where to find out more information.
- Support Services
- See for a list of all the support services available, including sexual health services and support for harassment
- Supporting Your Friends
- A guide on how to support friends, while looking after yourself at the same time. Covers active listening, boundaries and support services among other things.
- Sexual Health
- See for information on sex, contraception, sexually transmitted infections, and potential pregnancies
- Welfare Bulletin
- Keep up-to-date with welfare events, interesting articles and policy progress!
- Mental Health Awareness Week 2017
- See for blog posts on matters relating to mental health in a Cambridge context: the effects of discrimination, supporting your friends, mental health as a disability, the important of self-care, men and mental health, and accessing support services. Written by the Welfare and Rights Officer and Disabled Students' Officer
- See for the Disabled Students' Officer's Guide to Intermission
See the Students' Unions Advice Service website, University's Cambridge Students website, and your College's JCR/MCR website for more welfare-related resources, advice and information.
Feel free to email the CUSU Welfare and Rights Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any further queries!